Thursday 24 February 2011

Week 6: Cooing, Smiling, Eating (loads!), etc. etc.

James turned 6 weeks old this past Tuesday. He is working on smiling and cooing - not quite mastered but getting there! He is also demanding a lot of mummy and daddy face time (what a clever lad) which is an indication of his little brain developing normally! James eats...and eats...and eats. He is now weighing 12.5 lbs. and is long, lean, and lovely! When he was 4 weeks, we FINALLY moved him into his own room. Wow. What a difference. We also have a video baby monitor that is completely brilliant! What a time we live in to have such amazing baby paraphernalia! James had his first commercial audition this past week. He did a fine job sleeping whilst I pretended to bathe him. No word yet as to whether or not we did a fine job auditioning. Nathan and Nana Jocelyn also auditioned with us - the client wanted to see a real family. :)

Likes:
Mum
Dad
Nana Jocelyn
Papa Reed
Skyping with his English family
Being held
The piano (I need a resident pianist to play...James wants to be held when I play thus rendering any attempts at proper playing useless)
His Tournee du Chat Noir art poster above his crib
Dr. Quinn (mostly through classical conditioning...I watch this whilst he eats. :) I can’t watch any other programs because they are not relaxing enough. I find that “Quinny”, as Nathan has named it, is easy to watch whilst nursing.)
Light from outside
bath time
pooing
sucking his pacifier

Dislikes:
nappy changing

Well, I only have 3 weeks of maternity leave left. Then, life will become more challenging! Up all night (mostly to feed - James really is a great sleeper), work all day! Ahhh!! In addition, I am preparing for a few modeling gigs coming up which requires me to start exercising again (it has been nearly a full year!) Ah, well. This current semester of my master’s program has been a blessing in that my professor is allowing all of our exams to be open book...*sigh*...God certainly has been merciful!

We absolutely adore James more and more everyday. Parenthood is amazing.


This is James at 1 month. He looks like Max from Where The Wild Things Are. :)


We took James to my dear friend Regina's wedding a few weeks ago. He was a champ - slept the whole time! James and I did, however, do one session of breast feeding in the corner of the 9th floor lobby at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building... THAT was exciting.

4 comments:

Eichmeiers said...

Time is flying!! He is so cute! Where do you work? and good luck with your modeling gigs! you will do great. im sure you already look amazing:)

Taylor Tribute said...

He is sooo cute! Its amazing how time flies by. Good luck with everything on your plate:) Its amazing how everything works out:)

Natasha said...

Wow Congratulations on your beautiful son. I don't get to read blogs as often as I like to because my kids keep me busy. Sounds like everything is going great for you. Good luck at getting back into your busy life. It is amazing how much you can handle once your a mom.

Britters and Parx said...

Hi!!!
Have you figured out the nursing in PUBLIC yet??? I'm still trying to blend in when I do it...what's awesome and almost an every timer is when Parx (my boy) spits up all down my bra and clothes. So not fun when I'm in public!!! =) When do you go back? Man, you have such a busy load when you go back! Maternity leave flies, doesn't it???