Wednesday 2 February 2011

Week 3 with the lovely James


James getting ready to visit the doctor. :)


James had his 3 week doctor visit yesterday and we are happy to report that he’s doing a fine job of being a baby. :)

Week 3 stats:

Weight: 9.8 lb. (70%)
Length: 22.4” (91%)

James is developing some definite “likes” and “dislikes.” Here are a few:

Dislikes:
being cold
having his head washed
having his nappy changed (he really does not enjoy this and fights us with strong legs)
floor tummy time

Likes:
being warm
napping
eating
being held
music
interaction
interesting patterns
his pacifier

We finally purchased a baby monitor! This is to allow us to sleep in a different room to James. Although, I still think we’ll be just as paranoid and find ourselves dashing into his room at the slightest sound. *sigh* If only he was a quiet sleeper. We’re considering changing his name to "Grunter" Stevens. :)

Nathan is doing a fine job of being a dad! He is does well changing nappies and can burp James with ease. I’m still trying to figure out how to accurately swaddle James. It’s always obvious who put James to bed based on the neat appearance of the blankets (Nathan) or the jumbled, flailing appearance of the blankets (Britney).

We are continuing to enjoy being parents. It’s quite the adjustment but we are coping with the transition. What a wonderful experience it is to have a child. I HIGHLY recommend children! :)

Can anyone tell me how I will know when to move James to the next size of nappies (diapers)?

6 comments:

Cayde and Brianna Taylor Family said...

Hooray for baby James!!! He is beautiful. Hope everything is going well, sounds like you are having fun. As for the next size. It's usually if they don't hold the mess. If it tends to spill over more often than not then it's time to move up. Good luck. :)

Lord Nathan and Lady Bats said...

Thanks Brianna. I will watch out for his unkept messes. :)

Ty and Ber said...

I agree with Brianna on the upgrade to bigger diapers thing.
Glad things are going well. I can give you a swaddling 101 class, I usually offer it at the hospital but I wasn't working when you had him :)

Britters and Parx said...

Wow, what a BIG baby!!!! Way to go parentals! =) As far as diaper, I think that it is based on weight. Check your diaper package..I agree that we need to get together!!! Let me know when is good for you...I go back to work Feb 15th so maybe after that??? And p.s I was the same way with swaddling...I wasn't very good at first! It comes!

Marek said...

Swaddling works differently with different blankets. I recommend muslin and my fave blankies are from Aden + Anais. They have simple instructions, as well.

http://www.adenandanais.com/

Lord Nathan and Lady Bats said...

Thanks for the diaper advice and swaddling tips. Marek, I do have the Aden + Anais blankets - they're wonderful! I'll get better with time, I'm sure. :)