Sunday 1 February 2009

Intimate Exams, Sundance, Imbolc and Lord of the Dance

Nathan had his VISA medical appointment this past week in foggy London town. Heh. I guess I failed to mention to him that the doctors would be checking a lot more than his pulse. Surprise!

I attended the BMI roundtable discussion at Sundance last week with my dear friend Kristen. The panel consisted of several directors of Sundance films and their composers – a very interesting group of people! We hobnobbed a bit, introduced a few key people to Kristen’s Halloween Carols and found a lovely bookshop that featured a most frisky character - Dolly the cat! Yes, there is a bookshop in Park City that has a cat. She wanders around the shop doing what cats do, I guess. I believe this was the highlight of my Sundance jaunt. We spent a few hours chasing, purring and playing with our silky-black feline friend. *sigh* I miss my kitties.


For those who celebrate Imbolc (which is probably none of you as it is a pagan holiday...heh), happy Imbolc! Well, the TRUE Imbolc is the first full moon in February...


On Friday Mr. Sarlo called me, as he remembered my obsession for all things Michael Flatley, and offered me his Lord of the Dance tickets. Muah! My mum and I had a lovely time. For those of you who don’t know, I’m a massive Irish Dancing fan. In fact, I’ll soon begin the An Coimisiun le Rinci Gaelacha’s (The Irish Dancing Commission in Ireland) TCRG certification program. The TCRG certification allows me to teach Irish Dance.

Let’s see…what else…

We’re still not sure when Nathan will be arriving in Utah. I am being deprived the presence of my Mediterranean Prince! Soon he will wake me from this winter sleep…

2 comments:

Ty and Ber said...

Poor Nathan, I'm sure it's lousy when those kind of exams just sneak up from behind on you. :p

How sweet that you scored some Lord of the Dance tickets. I bet it was absolutely amazing.

The knights are in said...

It must suck not being with your cute hubby. I have a friend who's husband is in the army and she says that even though she misses him . . . being apart makes her love him even more and reminds her what a blessing he is in her life. Plus the reunion is great too!