Friday 10 September 2010

When people think of me, it seems they imagine either faeries or witches, as is evident a la facebook - (i was tagged as being this poppy faerie...


and this disturbing witch.


In other news, we are having a BOY!!! The child shall be called James. I am currently 22 weeks (give or take) with a due date ranging from January 4 - 16. I LOVE getting chunky and my inner thighs are almost touching! Not to mention that I now have proper "melons." ;) Pregnancy was rough the first trimester during my first semester of grad school, but physically, things are much more pleasant. :) Emotionally, however... hmmm.

Our nephew Sam visited from England for 5 weeks. Nathan, Sam and Reed (father) visited 6 National Parks - Yellowstone, Tetons, Arches, Canyonlands, Bryce and Zion. I'm completely envious! Although, I did tag along to Arches to do a bit of light hiking and eating of ridiculously expensive food. I highly recommend the Desert Lounge. Okay, I know I am completely lame for what I am about to admit here but... we packed the second complimentary loaf of bread from the Desert Lounge into my purse. (hehehe). We were planning to hike to Delicate Arch at midnight but didn't. The bread stayed in my purse for a few days. I have yet to clean out that purse.

If you haven't added "A Broom With A View: Music from the Halloween Carols" to your collection for this festive Autumnal season, you must. Otherwise I will haunt your soul. Go to www.halloweencarols.com or simply click on the link under my "wonderful websites" heading.

Nathan is doing a bit of work teaching art/music for elementary aged school children. He's also recovering from eating Carl's Jr. everynight with Sam.

More news to come... sometime!

5 comments:

Ty and Ber said...

Congrats on the little boy. I like the name James. I'm glad that you are loving all the changes your body is going through. Are you going to post pictures so we can see your beautifully changing body? I loved being prego. Enjoy the next 4 months!

Britters and Parx said...

A boy!!!! I love it!!! It seems like everyone is having little boys! We definitely will need to plan some play dates! =) PLEASE keep you blog update! Love to see and hear from/about you! =)

Retro Plants said...

Congratulations Miss Brit!!!
so excited for you two. . . the first child always seems to have SO much charm and love (not that the others don't. . . it's just exciting to have that FIRST :)

we are due pretty close!
how neat-o is that!?! (our bean is due Feb. 5th)
we will both have winter babes. . . little winter fairies!

SO excited for you two!!!
did i mention that!?!
your going to be WONDERFUL parents. . . how could you not be!?!
your both totally rad.

{psst. . . i see the Taylor tradition is alive and well. . . bring on the boys! :)}

tell all your cute fam "hello" from us. . . i miss being able to see everyone :(

oh! and, just so you know. . . my little Indy is OBSESSED with Halloween and all that is "spooky". . . we have been counting down to Halloween here since August! ha!
(we recently went on a Cemetery Tour with her {keep in mind she is 4} and she wanted to stay until dark so that we could meet all the ghosts! too cute. . .
the cemetery we went too actually reminded me of your GORGEOUS bridal pictures. . . the cemetery's here are SO much cooler than those back West. . . more history and drama:)

i will HAVE to download that music. . . we listen to Nightmare Before Christmas everyday. . . maybe some new music will "mix" things up a bit!

lots of love hon!
love, us Plants

Darrell said...

Congratulations on the news of a boy! Would love to see you all if you're passing this way!

The Hatch Batch said...

Britney! Congrats on baby James to be:) I can't wait for you to start the journey of parenthood! It's the best, most of the time;) ha ha. Hey I went privat on my blog and would love to send you an invite but don't have your email address. Email me at crystalhatch@hotmail.com